On the Death of My Father

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 12:29 AM
The night before my Dad died, after taking him to emergency, He regretted his bout with alcoholism that led him to sell balloons at the parade "But Dad, I thought it was wonderful - we all went to the parade." And when he was hawking popcorn at the ball games. "Yeah, and we got to go to the ball game." "You worked hard and did a lot of good things." He went from trials and tribulations to a greater success than he realized and in doing so showed me the way to overcome my problems - through his example, the Salvation Army,and Jesus. And, yes, I lived long enough to better understand him and appreciate him.

Bob Dylan: A Prophet in Blue Jeans?

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 13, 2014 11:52 PM
Bob Dylan wrote songs without explanation and invited all to make what they wanted out of them.

Bob Dylan: A Prophet in Blue Jeans?

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 13, 2014 11:49 PM
The ideal two heterosexual parents who truly love one another and their offspring barely exists. Yet, it is used against those who can not fulfill such a dream. If you are an imperfect heterosexual, then love yourself, anyway. If you are an imperfect homosexual, then love yourself, anyway. Perhaps we can all love each other, anyway.
Oh God, I thank ye that I am somewhat less evil than all those others.

The Media Controls What America Sees

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 02, 2014 11:44 AM
The MEDIA, touted by themselves and academia as noble and necessary, never has been reliable or full of wisdom.

The Media Controls What America Sees

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 02, 2014 11:42 AM
The Palestinian behavior is not NEWS it is old and believed only by the young and infirm - many know it is all lies.

IRS Ship Sinking: First Deadline Friday

rmccarthy Wrote: Jul 17, 2014 11:35 PM
All those visits to the White House by the IRS says it all.

Cultivating a Curious Mind

rmccarthy Wrote: Jul 16, 2014 10:27 AM
It might be best to be slow to take credit and be slow to place blame and better to realize we all contribute to our suffering. Worldly, normal, reactions will only keep the mess going. "It isn't fair" is especially sinister - endless, vengeful feuding the net result.

Our Unwillingness to Defend Ourselves

rmccarthy Wrote: Jul 16, 2014 12:01 AM
Sad to say we are all children - just been around a short while and don't know much at all. What with new dummies born every day, the same problems keep getting shoved on a new crowd. We had our chances and choices and they will surely have theirs.

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

rmccarthy Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 10:59 AM
We evidently are NOT the most civilized peoples to ever inhabit the Earth and NOT the most smartest either.

Left Moves to Outlaw Christianity

rmccarthy Wrote: Jul 14, 2014 11:13 AM
Don't get me wrong now - I firmly believe that the Left is not always wrong and the Right is not always correct.