Basic Economics

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 11:30 AM
In a society where so much time, energy, and money is spent on non-essential product, is it any wonder that many have no true values and even the worth of a person is questioned? All the advances in science have given us both advantages and disadvantages - as man (and some women) can use anything for good or evil. Very strange that Americans require thousands or even millions to get by while most of the world barely eke out a living on a few dollars a day and would revel in having a hundred.
Lets get this straight. An individual Muslim can believe whatever they want. The idea of a loving religion breaks down as soon as you relate it to fellow Muslims (women in particular) and non-believers. The Muslim belief and lifestyle is not compatible with any other PERIOD.
All are born ignorant and many stay that way or get worse - only a relative few are on the right path at any one time. That's what the Bible says. However, compared to the destruction of the many the power of the few is mighty and wondrous.
They don't think - they feel.

Civilization Vs. Barbarism

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 07, 2015 11:38 PM
Mankind has always been as portrayed in the Bible - dangerous. I'm sure that a few sheltered/lucky individuals have never experienced great trials and tribulation but many of us and most of all mankind probably has and always will. I am greatly sorry for how ignorant I was when younger and am glad to only be as ignorant as I am now. Such is life - everyone gets their chance to learn the easy way, the hard way, or not at all.

Pope Francis, the Climate and Leftism

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 06, 2015 12:21 PM
Correct. The Media is both a reflection of society and a contributor to the false reality that most follow. However, Jesus says (promises) seek and ye shall find. I have seen the Beatitudes become fulfilled in my life. Most people are still on their journey of life - on one road or the other.

Pope Francis, the Climate and Leftism

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 06, 2015 11:59 AM
I prove Jesus correct when I obey and I prove him correct when I disobey. We all are children - hopefully learning but remaining imperfect and in dire need of help from others and God. The human condition is described fully in the Bible.

Pope Francis, the Climate and Leftism

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 06, 2015 11:48 AM
Bingo. Yes Jesus says the truth will set you free. Society is constantly feeding us distortions of realities that go counter to God & Nature. If death & destruction is part of your paradigm, then I vote for a far different philosophy - including not simply symptom bashing but rather getting to the root (truth) of problems. Abortion is a symptom, radical Islam is a symptom. Fueling symptoms is like the drug war - things somehow get worse not better.
You can keep fighting the pendulum or get the real answer.
When the left is not completely wrong and the right is not completely correct, then we have the truth right in front of us - all that we , everyone of us, has something out of balance with reality, preventing prosperity, and hindering love. It has been proved many times in fact and in fiction that when either side takes full control, things go awry. We can be somewhat thankful that we often live with the pendulum of power only shifting a little or for a short while. I can rest easy because I have learned the easy way and the hard way through many trials that Jesus is correct all of the time.

Anti-Christian Activist: God Raped Mary

rmccarthy Wrote: Jan 05, 2015 2:28 PM
Amen! I used to be more messed up than I am now. Thank you Jesus.