New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
I think Bloomberg has been losing his mind lately...his decisions on things have been slightly "off" you could say to say the least. I agree with Katie Pavich on this one Big Time. For man who walks around with armed bodyguards to say a statement like "I dont know what a gun would have done" is absolutely insane. He got one thing right though - "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements" ...in this case bloomberg wins first prize for both !!!
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago