New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
I think Bloomberg has been losing his mind lately...his decisions on things have been slightly "off" you could say to say the least. I agree with Katie Pavich on this one Big Time. For man who walks around with armed bodyguards to say a statement like "I dont know what a gun would have done" is absolutely insane. He got one thing right though - "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements" ...in this case bloomberg wins first prize for both !!!
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 4 hours ago