Throughout their mostly concurrent terms in office, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President Ronald Reagan were titans for liberty, close friends and staunch ideological allies. Together, they helped relegate the Soviets' "evil empire" to the ash heap of history; separately, they employed conservative fiscal policies to rejuvenate flagging economies on both sides of the pond. These irrepressible forces have now both left our world, which they changed for the better.
In 1989, Reagan
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago