Throughout their mostly concurrent terms in office, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President Ronald Reagan were titans for liberty, close friends and staunch ideological allies. Together, they helped relegate the Soviets' "evil empire" to the ash heap of history; separately, they employed conservative fiscal policies to rejuvenate flagging economies on both sides of the pond. These irrepressible forces have now both left our world, which they changed for the better.
In 1989, Reagan
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 10 hours ago