In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Obamas banker friends were giving out bonuses
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago