A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
Gov. Patrick (Obozo's buddy) by passed the legislature and decreed in state tuituion for Illegal Aliens! Offcourse, since illegals cannot "legally" work and have no money, it's FREE TUITION! YAY!!! Rham Emanual annouced drivers licenses for ILLEGALS! YAY! Offource, they dont have to show them after being pulled over, cause that offcourse would be racist.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago