A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
Kill Big Bird for Thanksgiving.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago