A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
Kill Big Bird for Thanksgiving.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 24 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago