I'm hoping 2012 is like 1980. 32 years ago, the polls showed the race a dead heat right up until election day, and then Reagan won in a landslide. I have a friend who makes phone calls for a major polling organization, and he says there's a very strong undercurrent of hatred for Obama. He says a lot of these angry voters aren't included in the polls because they spout off about Obama and then refuse to answer the poll questions, or they just hang up before officially telling the pollster who they will vote for. It's obvious they will not vote for Obama. My friend says there are a LOT of people like this who aren't getting counted in the polls, but they will be voting.
Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014