I'm hoping 2012 is like 1980. 32 years ago, the polls showed the race a dead heat right up until election day, and then Reagan won in a landslide. I have a friend who makes phone calls for a major polling organization, and he says there's a very strong undercurrent of hatred for Obama. He says a lot of these angry voters aren't included in the polls because they spout off about Obama and then refuse to answer the poll questions, or they just hang up before officially telling the pollster who they will vote for. It's obvious they will not vote for Obama. My friend says there are a LOT of people like this who aren't getting counted in the polls, but they will be voting.
Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago