I've had many friends who could have qualified for disability, but they chose not to because they have a "work ethic" (a foreign concept these days, it seems). One co-worker had horrible back pain - took lots of medication - but she still came to work every day and did her desk job until she retired. Go look at the government web site that lists the "qualifications" for SSI disability, and you'll see how easy it is for people to qualify. "Depression" and "anxiety" are on there. Along with that, "claimant doesn't even have to have an impairment that is listed in the Social Security disability blue book to be awarded disability benefits." The government seems adept at finding ways to pay people NOT to work... and we all pay for it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago