I've had many friends who could have qualified for disability, but they chose not to because they have a "work ethic" (a foreign concept these days, it seems). One co-worker had horrible back pain - took lots of medication - but she still came to work every day and did her desk job until she retired. Go look at the government web site that lists the "qualifications" for SSI disability, and you'll see how easy it is for people to qualify. "Depression" and "anxiety" are on there. Along with that, "claimant doesn't even have to have an impairment that is listed in the Social Security disability blue book to be awarded disability benefits." The government seems adept at finding ways to pay people NOT to work... and we all pay for it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 5 hours ago