For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
I'm a college teacher. Many years ago, I had several black students insinuate I was racist for requiring them to be on time for activities and meetings. Their rationale: "You need to know that we operate on 'black people's time.'" In other words, being late was part of their "culture," and I was being insensitive for not allowing for that. When they didn't show up for a field trip on time, I left without them. It was amazing... they were on time for future field trips! You do not make excuses for bad behaviors or attitudes.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago