A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
Z I don’t know if you really get what this scripture is about or not but I will post a reply for anyone who doesn’t. This isn’t about rich or poor. It’s about priorities. “Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven.” It is obvious from the young man’s reaction that he valued his wealth more than he wanted “to be perfect”. Wealth is not the only thing people put before God. For some it’s fame. For others it’s pride. For some it’s the appearance of being better than their neighbors. The Pharisees loved to “make a show of giving alms” but at least they were giving their own money. Now days they give away the money they have taken from hard working families and demand to be respected for how much they 'care'.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago