Quick Notes About the Unemployment Rate
- US Unemployment Rate fell .01 to 8.1%
- In the last year, the civilian population rose by 3,638,000. Yet the labor force only rose by 945,000. Those not in the labor force rose by 2,693,000.
- The Civilian Labor Force fell by 342,000.
- Those "Not in Labor Force" increased by 522,000. If you are not in the labor force, you are not counted as unemployed.
- Those "Not in Labor Force" is at a new record high of 87,419,000.
- By the Household Survey, the number of people employed fell by 169,000.
- By the...