As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago