It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
We need Social Security. For some people that is all they have to live on. Or do you feel we should let them starve? Iam tired of hearing people complain about its' cost. It would be just fine if the government would keep its' hands off of it by dipping into the chest for money for other projects.I am an Independent. I certainly don't swallow the stuff the Tea Party or any of the other Republicans spill out of their mouths. The GOP suffers from hoof and mouth disease. They also have their head up their colons When they get sick they are sent to Walter Reed to be cleaned up by having their heads removed from their colons and having their hoofs taken out of their mouths and sent back to Congress. But, they don't seem to learn.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago