Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
The point is though that he has totally abdicated his day job to concentrate on campaigning. And now we find that while he has not bothered to be Commander in Chief he has not gotten around to being Candidate in Chief either. I guess all that fundraising is getting in the way. I don't think he was lazy. I think he just believes his own press that he will naturally carry the day simply by turning up. On his own without his media top cover he is simply an empty suit who has been found out.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 8 hours ago