Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
No more rape rooms, no more police state.. the people of Iraq got to choose their future. If their future is poor, its on them, not the US. The US gave them an opportunity.. they must make of it as they will. That, my friend, is called success of the US military.. Look at it another way.. the removal of Mubarak in Egypt resulted in elections.. and the people choose the Muslim Brotherhood.. and are now discovering that they ain't so nice. Democracy is also a path to destruction if the people don't understand what they are voting for.. liberty is like that..
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 10 hours ago