I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Mr. Jacoby, I don't agree with your analysis of the 'message behind the election'. My understanding of this election is much simpler and much more disturbing. The issue on the table for 2012 was spending that is 2.5 times greater than taxes brought in.. and an American public that does not care about that spending. An american public that obviously buys the Fascist/Marxist message of class warfare and soak the rich. THAT is the turning point I see.. and its a very depressing one.
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago