Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
@Cleombrotus2011: so what? The issue is personal responsibility vs. an authoritarian stance by the US government. Not what is good for you. Clearly beer is *not* good for you when taken above a certain amount.. yet folks do that all the time. Liberty = people allowed to live their lives as the like, as long as it doesn't directly hurt others.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 6 hours ago