Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
That might be the case.. but consider.. is it because one leads to the other, or because the same folks sell both items? We are talking about folks here that have already decided to not obey the law.. So is it behavioral? Or chemical? Many things in the world are the same way.. its easy to draw a conclusion that suits your argument, but there are other ways of looking at the same data. I *can* tell you that what you are saying isn't entirely true. I know folks that used marijuana during the 70s that never went on to other drugs, and went on the lead very productive lives in very successful careers. Its not black and white like you are making it out to be.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago