The answer is: Not much. It turns out we elect lawmakers so they can hold our time and safety hostage. When Congress passed and the president signed the 2011 Budget Control Act, all parties agreed that the act's $1.2 trillion in "sequester" cuts over 10 years would be so terrible that a bipartisan supercommittee would be forced to present a better plan...
I'm confused. Can somebody explain? If the cuts are merely a reduction in the increase in the budget, why does ANYONE need to be laid off? Is this just another Obama lie?
If President Barack Obama, the Republican House and the Democratic Senate cannot cut $85 billion from this year's $3.8 trillion budget without laying off first responders, tying up airport security lines and furloughing food safety inspectors, what good are they?
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago