The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Obama is incompetent. So are his department heads. None of these people have any experience in cutting their own budgets. So, I suggest we give the power for cutting budgets to those of us with the requisite background. That would be people like me. Mr. Obama, move over. We can cut your budgets without inflicting the pain you are advocating. We can show you how to balance the budget in just two years. Politicians are incapable of managing money. Let the people do that for you.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago