Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Lincoln stated a week before his death that corporations were his greatest fear for America. THAT from the at-the-time constitutional ignorer-in-chief. I have to agree, part of our social pathologies are driving by the corporate managers separation from responsibility for actions. Even as corporations will probably stay in part a legally separate "body", there needs to be NO separation of legal responsibilities from actions.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago