Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
If the fed gov didn't have ulterior motives, why is HEMP still illegal? The "reefer madness" lies RA spouts here only convice the low information types, usually older then dirt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago