In response to:
No one is forced, everyone has the choice to accept or reject. Free will operates in the spirit world just as it does in this one. Some people have had work done multiple times, usually because they have many descendants who are Mormons, and because, until very recently, it was difficult to find out if the work had already been done. My 8th great-grandfather was Miles Standish, of Mayflower fame, and I have found over 200 instances of baptisms being performed for him, from the mid-1800s until 2008 (the last year I checked). He literally has millions of descendants in the US. All this duplication is unfortunate, as it wastes time and resources that could have been used to do others' work, but has no eternal consequences for Capt Standish.
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 8 mins ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago