We could see the beginning of a similar rebellion against marijuana prohibition this year as voters in three states -- Washington, Colorado and Oregon -- decide whether to legalize the drug's production and sale for recreational use. If any of these ballot initiatives pass, it might be the...
I agree. Legalize it. George W. Bush was an alcoholic and most likely tried cocaine at least several times or was in the area of it. Had he been caught and not rich, he would be a felon. Barack O'bama, well, that scum's history is well know. He would definitely have been a convicted felon if caught doing his drugs. Clinton definitely possessed marijuana even if he did not inhale, which probably would have made him a felon in Arkansas when he did. These men have no business destroying others' lives, at least not for simple marijuana possession, but that is what they do in administering the drug war. Drug usage generally stupid. But it is our decision.
By the time the 21st Amendment ended national alcohol prohibition in December 1933, more than a dozen states had already opted out. Maryland never passed its own version of the Volstead Act, while New York repealed its alcohol prohibition law in 1923. Eleven other states eliminated their statutes by referendum in November 1932.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 23 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014