The current political wisdom as expressed by the deep thinkers at the Washington Post and the New York Times holds that President Obama stands triumphant and, as such, he is now confidently setting the national agenda. As E.J. Dionne wrote in the Post last week, “He (Obama) is free from the need to save an economy close to collapse, from illusions that Republicans in Congress would work with him readily, from the threat of a rising Tea Party movement, and from the need to run for re-election.” Is that a fact? Today the economy shows an 8% unemployment rate, which is...
People who simply take and take have no interest in GOP themes such as low taxes or limited government. If you pay no taxes, you don't care about keeping taxes low. If you're a big consumer of government services, you want more government, not less. Recall the Occupy Wall St lunatics demanding free college education. Recall the Wisconsin public unions trashing the statehouse. Recall the racism of Reverend Wright. There has never been such an evil and greedy bunch as today's Democrats. Obama's American Underclass has grown, and now elections can be won with only their votes. Conservatism is truly in danger of being wiped out as an effective counterbalance. We slept too long, and they took our country right out from under our noses.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago