The current political wisdom as expressed by the deep thinkers at the Washington Post and the New York Times holds that President Obama stands triumphant and, as such, he is now confidently setting the national agenda. As E.J. Dionne wrote in the Post last week, “He (Obama) is free from the need to save an economy close to collapse, from illusions that Republicans in Congress would work with him readily, from the threat of a rising Tea Party movement, and from the need to run for re-election.” Is that a fact? Today the economy shows an 8% unemployment rate, which is...
People who simply take and take have no interest in GOP themes such as low taxes or limited government. If you pay no taxes, you don't care about keeping taxes low. If you're a big consumer of government services, you want more government, not less. Recall the Occupy Wall St lunatics demanding free college education. Recall the Wisconsin public unions trashing the statehouse. Recall the racism of Reverend Wright. There has never been such an evil and greedy bunch as today's Democrats. Obama's American Underclass has grown, and now elections can be won with only their votes. Conservatism is truly in danger of being wiped out as an effective counterbalance. We slept too long, and they took our country right out from under our noses.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago