Much has been made of President Obama's sneering screed against individual accomplishment and private success, and rightly so. He once again wandered from his poll-tested script and accidentally revealed his true colors, Romney pounced, and Democrats are flailing with shouts "out of context" and feigned thermonuclear outrage. Republicans would be wise to sink their teeth in and refuse to relent -- the Left's yelping is a tell. But in addition to hammering "you didn't build that" (and building a largely...
I called this one on my blog yesterday, wondering why it hasn't received more attention. I'm pleased to see Guy giving it a much bigger spotlight today. If Obama and the Democrats really dig in and try to stand their ground on this, I spotted one other point (in addition to the two Guy listed above) that potentially could be put to good use: saying "it worked" in the context of the current economic climate implies that this whole mess was somehow their goal all along. If Obama wants to claim his policies hit the target, then we must be looking at the target right now, yes? So was this what he was after all along? But then, if he turns around and argues this wasn't his plan . . . then on what basis can he say "it worked?"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago