As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 27 mins ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 3 hours ago