As Barack Obama thrilled his supporters on Monday with his clarion call to action for the poor and the oppressed, young people across the country -- though in numbers somewhat smaller than were enthralled by their leader's words four years ago -- nodded in agreement. For this was about them, and Obama’s speech told them once again how great they are. Obama spoke to the "N Generation," those millions who, because they are the beneficiaries of the miracles of internet technology and instant, worldwide communications, believe firmly they know all and are entitled to everything; as the old song by Queen...
I don’t know whether this was meant as a rhetorical question, or if you’re actually expecting an answer. If it’s the latter, then the answer if emphatically NO! Narcissism necessarily (The germ of a tongue twister?) implies the need to control others, so they will render proper homage to the greatness of the narcissist. That is completely at odds with individualism, which is a “live and let live” philosophy. But thanks for asking.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago