As Barack Obama thrilled his supporters on Monday with his clarion call to action for the poor and the oppressed, young people across the country -- though in numbers somewhat smaller than were enthralled by their leader's words four years ago -- nodded in agreement. For this was about them, and Obama’s speech told them once again how great they are. Obama spoke to the "N Generation," those millions who, because they are the beneficiaries of the miracles of internet technology and instant, worldwide communications, believe firmly they know all and are entitled to everything; as the old song by Queen...
I don’t know whether this was meant as a rhetorical question, or if you’re actually expecting an answer. If it’s the latter, then the answer if emphatically NO! Narcissism necessarily (The germ of a tongue twister?) implies the need to control others, so they will render proper homage to the greatness of the narcissist. That is completely at odds with individualism, which is a “live and let live” philosophy. But thanks for asking.
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago