President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Agreed, I could only watch it in small bites as my emotions kept making me want to throw something at my tv. I like my tv LOL.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 5 hours ago