President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Agreed, I could only watch it in small bites as my emotions kept making me want to throw something at my tv. I like my tv LOL.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 12 hours ago