America's Caringest Mayor is at it again: having saved New York from sugary drinks, Michael Bloomberg has turned his attention to painkiller addiction. The best option to prevent kids from abusing Mom's leftover Valium from her back surgery is, of course, curbing the supply of such drugs, so that's just what Bloomberg intends to do. As such, he's introduced a measure that would limit the supply of powerful pain drugs in emergency rooms -- despite the fact that lower-income families often use the ER as their primary care source. No matter: this is for the common good of New...
Please, spare us the rationalizations. I am not saying that what may have happened in Iraq was correct, the but long term affects of Obamanomics is far worse. Currently 1 in 7 Americans has a government job (fed, state, local) and we are only 3-4 percentage points away from the tipping point when greater then 50% of American receive a government check in one form or another. That is more and more people drawing from fewer and fewer resources (public vs. private sector). Perpetual motion doesn't exist in our world and it won't exist in our economy. Eventually our nation will utterly collapse under the weight of our debt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago