The White House agrees with the 114,000+ of you who believe that consumers should be able to unlock their cell phones without risking criminal or other penalties. In fact, we believe the same principle should also apply to tablets, which are increasingly similar to smart phones. And if you have...
In response to:
I seriously doubt the WH agrees with 140,000+ of us. More than likely the WH realized the Library of Congress exceeded its authority. How in the world is the Library of Congress empowered to pass a national policy detrimental to cell phone users? That's insane!! Obama is just cleaning up their mess.
Today, the White House issued an official statement that unlocking your cell phone - which became illegal earlier this year due to a Library of Congress ruling - that they'd make a push that consumers who own their own cell phones should be allowed to unlock them:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago