The White House agrees with the 114,000+ of you who believe that consumers should be able to unlock their cell phones without risking criminal or other penalties. In fact, we believe the same principle should also apply to tablets, which are increasingly similar to smart phones. And if you have...
In response to:
I seriously doubt the WH agrees with 140,000+ of us. More than likely the WH realized the Library of Congress exceeded its authority. How in the world is the Library of Congress empowered to pass a national policy detrimental to cell phone users? That's insane!! Obama is just cleaning up their mess.
Today, the White House issued an official statement that unlocking your cell phone - which became illegal earlier this year due to a Library of Congress ruling - that they'd make a push that consumers who own their own cell phones should be allowed to unlock them:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago