The White House agrees with the 114,000+ of you who believe that consumers should be able to unlock their cell phones without risking criminal or other penalties. In fact, we believe the same principle should also apply to tablets, which are increasingly similar to smart phones. And if you have...
In response to:
I seriously doubt the WH agrees with 140,000+ of us. More than likely the WH realized the Library of Congress exceeded its authority. How in the world is the Library of Congress empowered to pass a national policy detrimental to cell phone users? That's insane!! Obama is just cleaning up their mess.
Today, the White House issued an official statement that unlocking your cell phone - which became illegal earlier this year due to a Library of Congress ruling - that they'd make a push that consumers who own their own cell phones should be allowed to unlock them:
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago