The White House agrees with the 114,000+ of you who believe that consumers should be able to unlock their cell phones without risking criminal or other penalties. In fact, we believe the same principle should also apply to tablets, which are increasingly similar to smart phones. And if you have...
In response to:
I seriously doubt the WH agrees with 140,000+ of us. More than likely the WH realized the Library of Congress exceeded its authority. How in the world is the Library of Congress empowered to pass a national policy detrimental to cell phone users? That's insane!! Obama is just cleaning up their mess.
Today, the White House issued an official statement that unlocking your cell phone - which became illegal earlier this year due to a Library of Congress ruling - that they'd make a push that consumers who own their own cell phones should be allowed to unlock them:
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 27 mins ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago