The White House agrees with the 114,000+ of you who believe that consumers should be able to unlock their cell phones without risking criminal or other penalties. In fact, we believe the same principle should also apply to tablets, which are increasingly similar to smart phones. And if you have...
In response to:
I seriously doubt the WH agrees with 140,000+ of us. More than likely the WH realized the Library of Congress exceeded its authority. How in the world is the Library of Congress empowered to pass a national policy detrimental to cell phone users? That's insane!! Obama is just cleaning up their mess.
Today, the White House issued an official statement that unlocking your cell phone - which became illegal earlier this year due to a Library of Congress ruling - that they'd make a push that consumers who own their own cell phones should be allowed to unlock them:
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hour ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago