The thinking at the top in places like the UN and DC is that it's better to have the Iranians on the inside being influenced by their peers than it is to have them on the outside creating mischief. Of course, that assumes the folk at the UN and DC aren't being played by old world thinkers craftier than the likes of Obama, Kerry, and Powers. Whether or not being on the inside rubs off on religious zealots like Iran's theocracy, well, the judge is still out on that verdict. To paraphrase Mr. Reagan, "Act like you trust them but verify."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 11 hours ago