The thinking at the top in places like the UN and DC is that it's better to have the Iranians on the inside being influenced by their peers than it is to have them on the outside creating mischief. Of course, that assumes the folk at the UN and DC aren't being played by old world thinkers craftier than the likes of Obama, Kerry, and Powers. Whether or not being on the inside rubs off on religious zealots like Iran's theocracy, well, the judge is still out on that verdict. To paraphrase Mr. Reagan, "Act like you trust them but verify."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago