The obvious point, probably made somewhere in the thousand posts is that gun control is used by some folks to indirectly control other folks. That's why the founding fathers did their best to protect the citizenry from those powerful enough to curtail all freedoms, ie, the government bureaucrat, "lawmaker", and sometimes law enforcer. It's not our fellow citizens the founders were worried about, it was the government and the perverse power some power hungry people within the government wield.
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago