The obvious point, probably made somewhere in the thousand posts is that gun control is used by some folks to indirectly control other folks. That's why the founding fathers did their best to protect the citizenry from those powerful enough to curtail all freedoms, ie, the government bureaucrat, "lawmaker", and sometimes law enforcer. It's not our fellow citizens the founders were worried about, it was the government and the perverse power some power hungry people within the government wield.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago