The obvious point, probably made somewhere in the thousand posts is that gun control is used by some folks to indirectly control other folks. That's why the founding fathers did their best to protect the citizenry from those powerful enough to curtail all freedoms, ie, the government bureaucrat, "lawmaker", and sometimes law enforcer. It's not our fellow citizens the founders were worried about, it was the government and the perverse power some power hungry people within the government wield.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 5 hours ago