The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
He frequently breaks many laws while living here, more than would ever be compensated by his contribution of payroll taxes. The Gange of Eight put America last and treat illegal aliens like citizens, and that is wrong. They are humans but they are not citizens. They have chosen to disrespect American law for their benefit. Is that not the act of a criminal? If Goodlatte can see the difference and develop law that clarifies the difference, rather than the Gange Bill that obscures the difference then we may see intelligent legislation from the House.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 11 hours ago