The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
He frequently breaks many laws while living here, more than would ever be compensated by his contribution of payroll taxes. The Gange of Eight put America last and treat illegal aliens like citizens, and that is wrong. They are humans but they are not citizens. They have chosen to disrespect American law for their benefit. Is that not the act of a criminal? If Goodlatte can see the difference and develop law that clarifies the difference, rather than the Gange Bill that obscures the difference then we may see intelligent legislation from the House.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014