The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
Lars, a weak man does not appreciate that which he does not earn. Illegal aliens are weak men, not only because they leave their homes rather than fight for it but because they take that which is not offered them. We owe illegal aliens nothing. They have a home, they have a country, it's not like they would die if the US lifeboat wasn't available. They're just taking the easy way out and hurting this country in the process. That is unjust and unfair to those who are born here and come here legally.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago