The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
Lars, a weak man does not appreciate that which he does not earn. Illegal aliens are weak men, not only because they leave their homes rather than fight for it but because they take that which is not offered them. We owe illegal aliens nothing. They have a home, they have a country, it's not like they would die if the US lifeboat wasn't available. They're just taking the easy way out and hurting this country in the process. That is unjust and unfair to those who are born here and come here legally.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 12 hours ago