The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
Lars, a weak man does not appreciate that which he does not earn. Illegal aliens are weak men, not only because they leave their homes rather than fight for it but because they take that which is not offered them. We owe illegal aliens nothing. They have a home, they have a country, it's not like they would die if the US lifeboat wasn't available. They're just taking the easy way out and hurting this country in the process. That is unjust and unfair to those who are born here and come here legally.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 3 hours ago