The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
At least there's a ray of hope, from tonight's Yahoo news. "House plan to address immigration piecemeal could threaten the Senate's bipartisan efforts." McCain says there are only two ways forward, his way or the highway. I vote for the highway. The House plan is probably far superior to the ideological mess McCain is trying to push.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago