Massachusetts is now so far removed from its colonial roots it will never find its way back. The greedy, grasping monarchy of 18th century Britain has only been replaced with an even greedier state government that is nothing more than a mechanism for collecting revenue from the rest of the state and feeding it into the city of Boston in the form of water and sewer rate relief, subsidies to the MBTA, and sops to the union thugs that have a stranglehold on construction in the city- think Big Dig. Corrupt, greedy, tone deaf and uncaring. That's why I moved to NH!!
It certainly began well. Anyone who has walked The Freedom Trail will tell you that Boston holds a unique concentration of American history. Over the course of the 2.5 miles of red brick, you will see Park Street Church, attended by Oliver Wendell Holmes, a church and a thought-leader both known for supporting abolitionist causes. You will also find Faneuil Hall, birthplace of the American doctrine, “no taxation without representation.”
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago