Massachusetts is now so far removed from its colonial roots it will never find its way back. The greedy, grasping monarchy of 18th century Britain has only been replaced with an even greedier state government that is nothing more than a mechanism for collecting revenue from the rest of the state and feeding it into the city of Boston in the form of water and sewer rate relief, subsidies to the MBTA, and sops to the union thugs that have a stranglehold on construction in the city- think Big Dig. Corrupt, greedy, tone deaf and uncaring. That's why I moved to NH!!
It certainly began well. Anyone who has walked The Freedom Trail will tell you that Boston holds a unique concentration of American history. Over the course of the 2.5 miles of red brick, you will see Park Street Church, attended by Oliver Wendell Holmes, a church and a thought-leader both known for supporting abolitionist causes. You will also find Faneuil Hall, birthplace of the American doctrine, “no taxation without representation.”
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 12 hours ago