Massachusetts is now so far removed from its colonial roots it will never find its way back. The greedy, grasping monarchy of 18th century Britain has only been replaced with an even greedier state government that is nothing more than a mechanism for collecting revenue from the rest of the state and feeding it into the city of Boston in the form of water and sewer rate relief, subsidies to the MBTA, and sops to the union thugs that have a stranglehold on construction in the city- think Big Dig. Corrupt, greedy, tone deaf and uncaring. That's why I moved to NH!!
It certainly began well. Anyone who has walked The Freedom Trail will tell you that Boston holds a unique concentration of American history. Over the course of the 2.5 miles of red brick, you will see Park Street Church, attended by Oliver Wendell Holmes, a church and a thought-leader both known for supporting abolitionist causes. You will also find Faneuil Hall, birthplace of the American doctrine, “no taxation without representation.”
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 37 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago