I never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense! And further, how often do we hear of drunk drivers who test at 2-3 times the legal limit? Clearly, laws don't stop them. Many of these are driving despite license revocations, which proves that particular strategy is ineffective. These are alcoholics who will drink to excess no matter what. Why not revoke their privilege to drink alcohol? Stamp their licenses with a NO ALCOHOL warning, and require everybody regardless of age to show their license at the package store every time they purchase. Not only would this reduce drunk driving, but also the other social costs of alcoholism- violence, loss of employment, etc. Sure, some may get alcohol other ways, but it makes far more sense to restrict access to alcohol than access to driving. Take away someone's right to drive, they lose their job, and hang around with a lot of time... to drink. Take away the privilege to drink, and maybe their life may be improved.
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 22 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 15 hours ago