Hawkins makes some good points, but he missed a big one: our failed educational system. Our high tech society doesn't have much use for people who are unskilled and barely literate. Those people are doomed to poverty. Bust the teacher's unions, and privatize education.. put the public schools out of business!
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago