On CNBC last night, I participated in a discussion about America's debt and debt ceiling problems -- which are inextricably linked, despite the Left's bizarre insistence that they're two separate and distinct issues. I made the overtly partisan statement that Republicans are the only political actors in Washington who are even remotely serious about dealing with the debt crisis -- and the Democrat on the panel seemed determined to prove me right. Most of the fireworks came toward the end of the exchange, when Democratic strategist Mark Hannah decided to go the full hack. He began by attacking House Republicans...
Calling people "knuckleheads" is not conducive to anyone coming close to accepting your premise that Bush's increases of the deficit have ANY relation to the increases added by our current president. Regardless of the increases in quantity, the basic problem has to do with the increases in spending and the idea that increasing spending is a GOOD idea.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago