It's been a rough few weeks for Wal-Mart. As you may or may not have heard, the retail giant hit a bump, facing a DOJ bribery probe for allegedly violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act while attempting to expand in Mexico. The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or FCPA, criminalizes bribery of foreign governments by corporations in the United States. Wal-Mart stands accused of greasing the palms of Mexican government officials to the tune of $24 million, then turning around and attempting to stymie an internal investigation into the matter. Now the Mexican federal comptroller is reviewing the permits that Wal-Mart...
In response to:
I can see the DOJ having a case if Walmart were using a stimulus handout, but even with all the stimulus money wasted on domestic green industries in the US, I don't see the DOJ hot on the trail of those companies after they all go belly up with no accounting of where all the money went! I guess it's okay to hand out millions of taxpayer dollars to union run companies and green industries but if you're using YOUR OWN MONEY, as is the case with Walmart...you got to be doing something illegal! Go figure!
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 17 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago