It's been a rough few weeks for Wal-Mart. As you may or may not have heard, the retail giant hit a bump, facing a DOJ bribery probe for allegedly violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act while attempting to expand in Mexico. The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or FCPA, criminalizes bribery of foreign governments by corporations in the United States. Wal-Mart stands accused of greasing the palms of Mexican government officials to the tune of $24 million, then turning around and attempting to stymie an internal investigation into the matter. Now the Mexican federal comptroller is reviewing the permits that Wal-Mart...
In response to:
I can see the DOJ having a case if Walmart were using a stimulus handout, but even with all the stimulus money wasted on domestic green industries in the US, I don't see the DOJ hot on the trail of those companies after they all go belly up with no accounting of where all the money went! I guess it's okay to hand out millions of taxpayer dollars to union run companies and green industries but if you're using YOUR OWN MONEY, as is the case with Walmart...you got to be doing something illegal! Go figure!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 11 hours ago