I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
No Rand, No one owes your father Ron Paul even an ounce of attention let alone a "Debt of Gratitude ". .......................The way I see it is we are screwed blued and tatooed ........Democrats and the totally corrupt Obama administration is now completely and literally unstopable. Even sites like HOTAIR is pushing articles that "ok" republicans caving to the Obama and dems on taxes .............stating that it is a win win for Obama and that republicans should cave to minimize the damage and barganing power on other issues. ........................................ not that HOTAIR should be considered a site worth reading but I was bored and had not yet had my morning coffee...........I say we protest to no end !
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago