New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Well, what does a crucifix suspended upside-down in a bottle of urine have to do with "Freedom of Speech" for that matter?
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 4 hours ago