Statists are in a tough position. For years, they’ve been saying the United States should be more like Europe.
But now Europe’s welfare states are collapsing, so the left is scrambling to come up with some way of rationalizing their support for ever-growing levels of taxation and spending.
Paul Krugman’s been doing what he can to square this circle, complaining that Europe is in trouble because governments
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago