Alter's reference to government as "mommy" is way too revealing.
In response to:
Being that government is a monolithic power structure, it is incapable of empathy. Apparently Mr Alter judges only on "intent" rather than results. The result of every liberal/progressive program foisted on the American people has been dependency and degradation. The breakdown of the family, especially in the inner city black neighborhoods, has condemned millions to a life of hopelesness, dependence, and despair. Rather than being "empathetic", the Democratic party, and the progressives in particular, have been sociopathic in their quest for power in the duping of poor Americans to fall for their "well intended" programs. The only intent for their programs is to grow their power on the backs of the poor.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago