Alter's reference to government as "mommy" is way too revealing.
In response to:
Being that government is a monolithic power structure, it is incapable of empathy. Apparently Mr Alter judges only on "intent" rather than results. The result of every liberal/progressive program foisted on the American people has been dependency and degradation. The breakdown of the family, especially in the inner city black neighborhoods, has condemned millions to a life of hopelesness, dependence, and despair. Rather than being "empathetic", the Democratic party, and the progressives in particular, have been sociopathic in their quest for power in the duping of poor Americans to fall for their "well intended" programs. The only intent for their programs is to grow their power on the backs of the poor.
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago