Alter's reference to government as "mommy" is way too revealing.
In response to:
Being that government is a monolithic power structure, it is incapable of empathy. Apparently Mr Alter judges only on "intent" rather than results. The result of every liberal/progressive program foisted on the American people has been dependency and degradation. The breakdown of the family, especially in the inner city black neighborhoods, has condemned millions to a life of hopelesness, dependence, and despair. Rather than being "empathetic", the Democratic party, and the progressives in particular, have been sociopathic in their quest for power in the duping of poor Americans to fall for their "well intended" programs. The only intent for their programs is to grow their power on the backs of the poor.
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago