Alter's reference to government as "mommy" is way too revealing.
In response to:
Being that government is a monolithic power structure, it is incapable of empathy. Apparently Mr Alter judges only on "intent" rather than results. The result of every liberal/progressive program foisted on the American people has been dependency and degradation. The breakdown of the family, especially in the inner city black neighborhoods, has condemned millions to a life of hopelesness, dependence, and despair. Rather than being "empathetic", the Democratic party, and the progressives in particular, have been sociopathic in their quest for power in the duping of poor Americans to fall for their "well intended" programs. The only intent for their programs is to grow their power on the backs of the poor.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 5 hours ago