It isn’t unusual for an unsuspecting viewer to walk into a movie theater expecting two hours of mindless entertainment only to be surprised by a liberal political message that overshadows the proceedings. For instance, “Avatar” (2009) -- the highest-grossing movie of all time -- arrived in theaters with an environmental message that presented a false choice between environmental protection and the success of big business. 2012 also offered up its share of liberal-leaning films including “The Campaign,” “Big Miracle,” “The Obama Effect,” “Step-Up Revolution” and “Peace Love & Misunderstanding.” Fortunately, though, those smaller films were out-classed and out-numbered by many other...
In response to:
Still with all this said, it's still hard to support, in anyway-especially with money, the left goof-balls in Hollywood. I do re-call one good thing about Steven Spielberg. He gave every high school in America a free copy of "Schindler's List." One of the best historical films of all time ! My history students saw it for years.
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 37 minutes ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago