It isn’t unusual for an unsuspecting viewer to walk into a movie theater expecting two hours of mindless entertainment only to be surprised by a liberal political message that overshadows the proceedings. For instance, “Avatar” (2009) -- the highest-grossing movie of all time -- arrived in theaters with an environmental message that presented a false choice between environmental protection and the success of big business. 2012 also offered up its share of liberal-leaning films including “The Campaign,” “Big Miracle,” “The Obama Effect,” “Step-Up Revolution” and “Peace Love & Misunderstanding.” Fortunately, though, those smaller films were out-classed and out-numbered by many other...
In response to:
Still with all this said, it's still hard to support, in anyway-especially with money, the left goof-balls in Hollywood. I do re-call one good thing about Steven Spielberg. He gave every high school in America a free copy of "Schindler's List." One of the best historical films of all time ! My history students saw it for years.
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago