In response to:
The "Brown" answer, the "Obama" answer, the "Democrat" answer is get higher taxes !!!! And when you get it, spend a lot more on many different things...like a fabulous train ride from Bakersfield to Francisco neglecting to ask how one gets to Bakersfield to buy a ticket. Can you image the cost of this when Old Jerry is dead and gone ? I'd bet few are aware of the cost over-runs in Boston for their subway. Is Ted Kennedy still alive to answer questions about that and his 1965 Immigration laws ? Life is so wonderful when politicians are alive.
Over the years, I’ve shared some outrageous examples of overpaid bureaucrats.
- The chief bureaucrat of a low-income California city getting almost $800,000 per year.
- Cops in Oakland getting average compensation of $188,000.
- A school superintendent in New York raking in more than $500 thousand of annual compensation.
- A Philadelphia bureaucrat, after working only 2-1/2 years, nailing down a
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago