The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
"tax revolt to raise taxes"...that's hilarious, choice and very vivid, but there is not a liberal alive who would disagree with it..."raising taxes is a tax revolt"for them.. once again great comment ! Additionally, isn't there something believable about Santayana's adage of "history repeating itself..." when discussing negotiations between Democrats and Republicans in Congress? Democrats have a history of promising entitlement reform but never provides it; ask GHW Bush, who get fired after he caved in and President Reagan...both deceived badly by lying Democrats !! It might be a different crop of Democrats, but their ways and means and goals haven't changed one iota !!
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 11 hours ago