The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
"tax revolt to raise taxes"...that's hilarious, choice and very vivid, but there is not a liberal alive who would disagree with it..."raising taxes is a tax revolt"for them.. once again great comment ! Additionally, isn't there something believable about Santayana's adage of "history repeating itself..." when discussing negotiations between Democrats and Republicans in Congress? Democrats have a history of promising entitlement reform but never provides it; ask GHW Bush, who get fired after he caved in and President Reagan...both deceived badly by lying Democrats !! It might be a different crop of Democrats, but their ways and means and goals haven't changed one iota !!
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago