I despise protectionism. Mostly because it is bad economic policy, but also because politicians often use protectionism as a way of diverting attention from their own failures.
So when I appeared on Neil Cavuto’s show to comment on President Obama’s criticism of “outsourcing,” I was a tad bit critical.
I think my opening comments were effective. I wanted to help viewers understand that cross-border investment is a big net plus for the American economy. Indeed, this is why I’m so critical of laws such as FATCA that discourage foreigners from making job-creating investments in the United States.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 14 hours ago