Perhaps a way to solve the "tax the rich" problem is to divide the rich. As mentioned, the "rich in Hollywood" and others who don't hire and create jobs could pay a lot higher % of taxes; they admittedly like and support that. On the other hand, wealthy "job creators", entrepreneurs...etc pay a much lower tax %, thus enabling them to invest the saved money in their business to grow and create jobs. They invest in their own company and hire other workers/ tax payers who would contribute to the total tax obligation needed...everyone happy...Hollywood, NFL, NBA, MLB and many others are happy...problem solved and America is happy too !!
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago